We believe that schools should be a safe place where pupils can thrive and therefore have measures in place to support this. One measure we have in place is our anti-bullying ambassadors in our Academy who can be identified by the badge they wear. Our Anti-Bullying Ambassadors work with, and are trained by, The Diana Award and are here to support students and help to ensure our Anti-Bullying Charter is adhered to.
We have a 'Call it out' attitude here at Grace so please speak to a member of the Anti-Bullying Ambassador team or a member of staff if you have any questions or concerns in regard to bullying.
‘The Grace Way’ Anti-Bullying Charter
As a member of Grace Academy, our students, staff, and governors promise:
- To show respect to everyone we encounter, following our Academy Ethos in making Grace Academy a bully free zone.
- To not hurt anyone verbally, mentally, or physically.
- To not discriminate against others.
- To not take part in cyberbullying through the means of text, internet, phone calls or any other form of communication.
- To not be bystanders, but instead speak up when we or others need help.
- To report any cases of bullying to the Safeguarding Lead/member of staff if we are students, and to the Principal if we are staff.
- To not take matters into our own hands.
- To think about our actions and words, and how they can affect others.
- To encourage one another to make positive choices and take responsibility for our own actions.
- To always treat others how we would like to be treated.